how do you know when baby in the womb is hungry?

the thing is that my hubby works in the mornings and i really dont get hungry or feel like eating when im alone but i dont know if im starving the baby if i dont eat breakfast right away Pls no bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your hubby working mornings has nothing to do with feeding yourself,to give your baby nutrition,you are not eating alone ,you are eating with your baby.So go eat something girl ! lol.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• when your hungry the baby is but you should eat something
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i agree with val i think you should eat rather you are by yourself or not if your hubby worked for 2 days stright would you not eat then to?? i really think you should eat to feed you andyour baby good luck
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Your baby will get everything it needs regardless if you eat or not...If you don't eat you'll start to see signs of that...like your teeth start to rot or you'll start to get dizzy...things like that. Your baby pulls all the nutrients from you.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You SHOULD be eating breakfast.

I totally understand your feelings toward breakfast. I'm the same way. When I got pregnant with my daughter I had NOT eaten breakfast since I was 14. I had to force myself to eat something but since I did that while pregnant and breastfeeding her it's now a normal part of my life and I didn't have any issues with this pregnancy.

Your baby needs a consitant flow of nutriants so if it's a HUGE deal to eat alone try to set up a couple of breakfast dates with girl friends during the week and the rest of the time just eat something small and nutritous.

AND REMEMBER....Your NOT eating alone!!!!! You've got a baby in your tummy to have breakfasts with. Talk to your baby while you munch!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ok breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Had to get that out there, even though im 8 weeks pregnant and I havent had breakfast yet lol. I just dont usually feel hungry until lunch. But the baby will get its nutrients whether you are eating breakfast or not. i'd say its just much healthier for both of you to eat breakfast. even if its a granola bar or some apple sauce just a little something.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am pretty sure that what you eat for breakfast will be in your stomach for a while and not even get to the baby right then. So probably it doesn't hurt to delay a meal, just keep your overall nutrition balanced and your fluids up. For example you probably should drink your water, milk, juice in the morning regardless of whether you eat right then or a couple hours later. In fact, if you'd drink some milk you'd not only be providing fluid but also there would be some nutrition from the milk. On the other hand, you'll find that whether you are hungry right away or not that you'll have more energy if you have a good breakfast.

Answer by Bmat at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• you should eaty because even if the baby is hungry they take what they need from you reguardless of if you eat or not so your the one that will suffer not your baby you just should eat weither your husband is at work or not
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I just assume if I'm hungry the baby is too. If I'm not hungry I try to snack lightly anyway just to keep my energy up and to ensure the baby is getting something, but I don't eat full meals or anything if I don't feel hunger. Then when I become hungry I do eat. Pretty simple, I think.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 11:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• alrighty got it! i just pigged out on 2 beef tamales i found in my fridge LOL you guys are right it is just that being alone is what i dislike the most!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009