Roseola

Has anybody's child had roseola? My 18 month daughter has it and just developed the rash. I was just wondering how long they have the rash before it goes away.

madelines_mom

Asked by madelines_mom at 11:20 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she'll have it for a few days.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Once they have the rash the worst is over. The fever is usually gone and the rash from roseola usually isn't an 'itchy' one. It is gone in about 3 days or so.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My daughter had it when she was 7 months old. Once the fever broke and the rash started it was only a couple of days. Good luck but I think the worst part is over.
    lillysmama2008

Answer by lillysmama2008 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yeah, the rash itself isn't uncomfortable, but the stuff leading up to it sure is awful! We had it at 14 months. The rash lasted 5 days at the most. Feel for you.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My baby had it a few months ago. The rash lasted just over a day. The cool part about roseola is that it causes lifelong immunity. So that's a positive.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My son only had the rash for about a day. It was quick, but I have heard it could last up to a week. My bet is that it will be quick! He also didn't even know he had a rash. It didn't bother him at all!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009