Small Business, Joe Biden and the Stimulus...

QUESTIONER: What I'm looking for are real clear details about how is the stimulus package really going to help small businesses.

JOE BIDEN:...For example, it may very well be that she is in a circumstance where she is not able...her customers aren't able to get to her. There's no transit capability. The bridge going across the crick to get to her business needs repair. It may very well be that she is in a position where she is unable to access her energy costs are so high by providing smart meters by being able to bring down the cost of her work force through the cost of operating her business...

So, do you think Joe Biden is accurate, will this help small Businesses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFGLySXZhI

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Most small businesses I know are in NEED of CUSTOMERS.
    NOT a bridge or green energy (which, btw energy costs are projected to increase compliments of Obama's Budget).
    Nobody messes with Joe, because Joe doesn't know what he is talking about. He needs a padded room.jmho
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Here is your answer to what it is: Funny Story, kinda long..Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you explain it to me?"
    The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.
    At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professors house.
    The professor stated that the weekend project involved his backyard pool.
    They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said, "First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water as you can." The student did as he was instructed.
    The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and then dump all the water from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• and then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was naturally confused, but did as he was told. The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times, and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.
    The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"
    The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the shallow end much deeper.
    The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.
    However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end, the student began to become worried that his economics professor had gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this process is all over, everything will be at the same level it was before, so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction
    Anonymous

• Sounds to me that she should scrap the business and try to find a job ASAP before their aren't any. She won't be getting money for her business.

Join the unemployment line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• of what could have been truly productive action!"
    The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile, "Congratulations. You now understand the stimulus bill."

Anonymous

• At my business, labor is the largest expense, taxes cost the SAME amount as labor.

Ain't that crappy?

It would be nice if electricity was free, or green, whatever! but it's not and you have to have electricity to be in business, not so that new person you were thinking about hiring.

Just give a current employee more hours or do it yourself. Gotta love those taxes............

Need a job?.......................

Ask Obama how to get one.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• "the crick" made me LOL. He was then asked what website could answer the woman's questions and he said. "I don't know, I should...anyone got that NUMBER?" What a dipshit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You must really understand the very beginning. Joe Biden was the decision made when Obama was selected as the nominee and this was his FIRST MAJOR DECISION. JOE BIDEN AS VP.
    Scary huh?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Time to put Biden and Geithner back in Hidin' for the safety of the Nation.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• nice way of quoting what you want. you are so biased it's not even funny.
    before he went into examples this is what he said
    Well there is a number of way and it depends on what her business is. I recomend that she calls my office directly and i will be able to guide her as to what pieces of this package will help her directly. and then he list examples of what if's.. so if he can help her bring down the cost of operating her business and re-direct customers to her.. that is great
    Anonymous