FIL walks in...

So I drive down to OKC from KC to visit DH while he's on his 3days off work. (works in oil field, on 6 days, off 3) Staying at IL's, where we still have a designated bedroom and bathroom even though we are in the process of moving out.(Lived there since July... result of other problems with IL's...)

Recently, MIL's closet has overflowed, and FIL has filled our closet and bathroom with his things.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed in sleeping shorts and a bra, resting my head on DH's chest standing in front of me. DH was scratching my back before we went to bed. DH was "chubbing" if you know what I mean. FIL unlocks the door, walks in without knocking, stands in the doorway and laughs. He's in the bathroom for 45minutes, and I'm ready for bed... DH "lost his mojo" and we went all 3 days without.

Remember, not just 3 days, but the 6@ work, those 3, then another 6@ work. I've only seen him 3/15 days. con't

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh no he didn't!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'd be really upset. But the again unless your paying rent- you are in their house.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• DH says he's embarrassed now, and has had a hard time even thinking about having sex...

How can I move past this incident and help DH to too? Should we say something to FIL?

DH doesn't have anywhere else to stay while on 3 days leave from work. We stayed in a motel for 3mos when he relocated to get this job, so we're not too keen on staying at a motel... plus, we've got a $4000 tempur pedic mattress that helps me, 33wks pg, sleep well...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Oh, and IL's are the kind of people that let their utilities cut off so they can have dinner out at Olive Garden... so we do pay our share, groceries in the fridge, turn the utilities back on, paid 1200.00 car ins for them, TWICE. There's a whole ugly story...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• put a slide bolt on the door from the inside or even a hook would help. sounds like dad's a perv

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yikes....I can't believe he did that! I'm with admckenzie, I'd be putting a slide lock on, etc. Put multiple locks on there. Then I'd also ask your FIL to do what he needed to do in the room before you went to bed. I think that's rude of him. Granted, yes, it's his house, HOWEVER, he could still have some consideration. Can y'all stay in a hotel for the days that you are there? Or is that too much? Sorry that this happened.
    Anonymous

• Not to sound to mean, but have you just told him to get the F@#@ out? Who cares where his stuff is...you and hubby use that room for 3 days (no biggie) and you are married adults paying your share. I say that gives you the right to 1) put a lock on your side of the door-right on other posters! and 2) request; in a manner of your choosing; for FIL to get out! of the room while your there! If they aren't going to be respectful, then you shouldn't be either! And guess what? By (most) state laws, if your hubby has been living there for more than 4 weeks and is paying them money, then he has legal "tenant" rights and they can't just throw him out! Even if his name is not on the house...so feel free to get rude! Good luck with everything (and invest in some toys, cause it gets lonely on those 6 days too!) LOL.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009