What would you say or do?

My stepson died a few years ago and Thursday was his birthday. My son is in third grade and asked his teacher if he and his friends could make b-day cards. She told him that it was a family thing and he should do it with me. However, he took it upon himself to ask his friends (close friends) to make them and they did. He told them what we have told him which is not the whole truth. My question is do you think you would mind if your child helped my son if they were in that situation? It made them feel good as well as my son.

robinsi2000

Asked by robinsi2000 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't mind at all. It's a very selfless act, and shows great kindness in both your child and the other child.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If my daughter came home and said she had made cards for one of her friends siblings who had died I would be so proud of her for being there for a friend. I would have no problem with it at all.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Of course not! I think it's wonderful that the other kids are mature enough and compassionate enough to do that for your son. Quite frankly I think it's ridiculous that his teacher said they couldn't do that at school. She could've at least given the other kids in his class the OPTION to make one if they wanted to.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would be glad my kids did that for someone.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009