motivate me please

i have been sooo busy the last few days i have hardly done anything in this house. no its not a pig sty but there are things i let go and now that i have a day at home a don't want to do a damn thing. what do you do to get motivated to do things around the house that you just cant let go any longer?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• Sorry Jodi- if I don't feel like doing it, i'm SOL because I am not going to do it!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• and i have no idea why i put this under money and work so dont ask lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I always think how I would feel if someone just stopped by and that gets me motivated. My dh will sometimes bring a friend home from work to watch a game or something, so my house needs to be decent at most times.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I like to crank up some music. I'll dance around the room a bit and it will give me the energy to do the crap I dislike.
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 11:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I crank up the radio as loud as it will go and start on one end of the house and go as fast as I can. I finish one room at a time and run around like a maniac. In 1 hour it is amazing the diffence it makes. Then you can veg on the couch and fold laundry. On commercial get up and put it away or clean up something fast. I never have the whole house done at once, but I try to get the front 3 rooms done where people come in.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Im always doing something because for me when things get out of place or i cant get to a certian thing I cant stand the thought that it hasnt been done. an 5-10 min. makes the world of diff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree with the music; it just gets you moving and before you know it the housework is done!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Company's commin, may not be but that's what motivates me, LOL.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• THere are days that I don't have any motivation either and even though I feel guilty, I know that I will eventually get it done. This entire weekend was spent watching tv and chilling out by my entire family. All 6 of us did absolutely nothing. We were waiting for snow and got nothing, so we got nothing done either. It will eventually come around full circle and I get it done sometime or another. GOod luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I can't always get myself motivated either. If i haven't had a day off in awhile I figure I should do what makes me happy cuz housework will always be there but a day off won't. But sometimes you just gotta make yourself do it cuz it will just keep growing!!! But I also sometimes ask myself, in 50 yrs what will I regret? Not doing the housework, chores etc, or not taking more time for myself. This is of course an excuse to just go take that nap i want!!!:)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009