Can anyone tell me if this is right?

Ok my mom is 39 years old and in January she found out that she was preggo then she started bleeding really bad took a preg test and it came out neg. she called her doc and she told her she prolly had a miscariage and that she wasnt far enough along to need a d/c so when my mom came to visit me last weekend she told me that she was preggo again 4weeks. Now something doesn't feel right to me, she said a few days after she took the neg preg test she took another and it was pos. but don't you have to wait so long after a miscariage to try for another and don't your hormone levels stay elevated for a while after a miscariage? She doesn't go to the doc till the end of this month and I am afraid she is going to go and get bad news and I really don't want that cause my baby is due around the same time and she will feel even worse when I have my baby, if she isnt actually preggo

PrOuDmOmMy1011

Asked by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually some women are EXTREMELY fertile right after a miscarriage AND she could have just got a false negetive because her hormones were fluctuating.

The bleeding could have been a large amount of implantation bleeding. I found out I was pregnant via HPT and then started bleeding LOTS. I thought for sure I had lost my baby but I'm now more than half way through my pregnancy with a healthy baby boy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• she needs to go to the dr. that is just crazy that she is waiting to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yes you are SUPPOSED to wait lol but some dont also she should had gone to the dr to be checked because it could take weeks for the HCG to completly leave the body but if she is pregnant tell her to take it easy she is at higher risk for another miscarriage good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• After a miscarriage you can get pregnant right away. So its very possible.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• she has talked to her doctor and they don't think she needs to be seen or they would see her, she didn't choose her appointment they did. I think she needs to be seen too, because I am almost full term with my baby and she looks bigger than me, could she have possibly had twins and lost one of them?
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i personally would look up free clinics in your area or go to the er and be checked that is just what i would do but ive also had a couple losses and i freak out lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well, I don;t have an opinion about if shes pregnant or what she should do but I do want to say that my mom had a baby at 41 shortly after I had my first. I have a little sister that is 13 and its a lot of fun having our kids so close together. I hope it all works out for both of you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes I am not very happy with her trying for a baby or being preggo because I had my first child 2 years ago and my little sister was born 3 months before my son. And now I am about to have my second child here at the end of the month and she is supposedly preggo again, but that is my mom I can't tell her to stop having kids and if I did she wouldn't listen, so l can do is just deal with it.
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2009