WHAT SHOULD I DO?

My daughter was going poop the other day and it hurt her coming out. She has been potty trained for a little less than a year. Now she is pooping in her pants ALL the time. I think she is scared that it is gonna hurt again. I feel bad for her but I am NOT putting her back in diapers...Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

bmotterbacher

Asked by bmotterbacher at 11:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would try increasing her fiber and drinking more juice and water. Also try to cut down on things like cheese that might be making her stool harder. My son had this problem for a while and that's what the doctor told us to do. It worked wonders. We did have to use some Miralax (doctor's orders) for a little while to get things moving again. But the increased fiber would be good for her. They have the powder that you mix in with food or drink and it's clear and doesn't have any taste. It's safe for children.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Talk to her doctor about a safe laxative/stool softener to use on her for a while one she goes several times and it doesnt hurt she would be more likely to go on the potty again
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yeah, I was thinking about calling the doctor but I wasn't sure if it was something they could help with. I will definetly give him a call though. Thanks
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 11:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Poor chicadee. Make sure that you are giving her plenty of water and apple juice. That will help soften it up. I am so sorry she is going in her pants again.
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yeah, it sucks...I just wanna beat her LOL! But I know I can't because she is just scared but UGH! It is killing me!
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 12:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009