How did you deal with this feeling?

My husband and I are TTC. I just found out a coworker is pregnant. She is married, but is a little unsure if he is the father. She does not want this baby, but wants special treatment to go with it. I work for a very small company. It really hurts me to know she doesn't want it. I want one so very badly and I feel like she is just taking it for granted. On a selfish level, I wanted all of the exciting baby news to happen for me. Now if and when we get pregnant, it will kind of be old news. Have any of you dealt with these feelings?

Wendy413

Asked by Wendy413 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i know what you are going through. I feel every one around me is pregnant, my coworkers, my class fellows, my neighbour, even people in the mall :( I feel bad when they complain how they cannot have coffee or alcohol, or how their life is going to drastically change when they have the baby. I feel a little jealous and hurt that i have been TTC for 8 months now and no luck till now!
    but i just try to remain positive. its just a matter or time, hopefully all of us TTC will soon be moms!
    lots of baby dust to you!!
    Anonymous

• Lots of baby dust to you as well! It just doesn't seem fair that some women get pregnant and see it only as a burden. There are so many good women out there that deserve a baby and would never take advantage of the opportunity to become pregnant.
    Wendy413

Answer by Wendy413 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• When your TTCing is so hard to hear someone else is pregnant much less pregnant and not wanting to have a baby. I have a friend who has 4 children, she finally got her tubes tied but didn't follow the instructions and now she's pregnant again. They don't give their children the kind of care that I want them to but its so hard to not be mad at her because she's got another baby and we're still working on trying to have our first. The only thing you can do is take a deep breath and politely excuse yourself from the baby events. No one will think your a bad person and if this co-worker wants to know politely tell her that while your happy for her its hard for you because you so want a child of your own.
    dani_sapia

Answer by dani_sapia at 4:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Along time ago when my husband and I got married we started ttc right away and nothing but this girl that worked w me did get preg on accident and she didnt even want the baby and ended putting him up for adoption! :( And of course though when she wasnt even ttc she got pregnant so apart of me was jelouse but then a year later I worked for another comp. and me and this part time teacher were trying to get pregnant and she beet me to that again untill..... I found out that I had been pregnant all along. The morn. she gave me her good news I was infact 5 weeks preg. and I didnt even know it lol! We had been ttc for a while that I just lost track of my periods. But then a couple of weeks later she lost her baby and quit work :( but I went on to have a healthy baby boy. So sometimes things work in your favor and other times they dont. I wish you very good luck in ttc :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009