Do you think you all are being fair?

It as been roughly a little over a month and already there are folks out here calling our President a failure and or they want him impeached. I just can't wrap my mind around what people were expecting to happen in such a short window of time? Where you expecting him to take office and fix everything in a 72hr period of time. It took years for us to find ourselves in this roten situation and now because someone is in office you may not have voted for is trying his best to addresse MANY problems in this country and because he is not doing what you want him to do you're looking for ways to pick him apart? If McCain had won he would be dealing with the same issuses Obama is dealing with would you be giving him a bit more time to fix it. If it were your husband, your brother or close friend would you be gravely dissappointed as you are of this man? Give him a lil more time and stop thinking things will be fixed in 5ms

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People are bitter bc their capitalistic ways have failed us and they don't want to be told that their way has caused some of this mess. No regulation has dug us straight into a whole.

Now its time to dig out and they don't want to be told how to dig, period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hole.
    Anonymous

• We were expecting him to not make things worse. Not really a whole lot to ask. Have you looked at the Dow lately?

Do you think you are being fair to ask people to duct tape their mouths shut while their friends and family lose their savings and jobs because it's impolite to criticize something that has worsened their situation?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Some of the bashers have blinders on, they don't want to see anything except their hatred for our president. If he says they sky is blue they will fight until the death that it is NOT. They will never give him any credit whatsoever, even if he does fix this gigantic mess, they will say it was because of the foundation Bush laid or some BS. Its just in their blood or something, I STG.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I never expected Obama to fix everything in this amount of time, but the way I see it, he's making it worse! Our economy is failing and he is spending MORE money?!? He is so inexperienced... and those of us who didn't vote for him knew that, but others bought into the rhetoric and put him in office.  By not knowing what he's doing, he has become a puppet for those who do. 

As far as him being in the hot seat... I don't pity him one bit.  He wanted this job, and he got it.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• MMM, no one expected him to fix things in the short time he's been in office. What he has done was making things SUBSTANTIALLY worse. Our national deficit has tripled. He opens his mouth, the stock market tanks. This "stimulus" bill flies in the face of capitalism and most economists. The direction this country is heading in is just terrifying to me.

I was all for giving him a chance when he walked in the door, even without voting for him. What he has done surpassed my worst nightmares. I don't know why we bothered with the collapse of the Soviet Union if we were hell bent on becoming them.

I do understand your sentiments though. I'm guessing you maybe don't follow politics, but kind of check it out on the news and such? You sound like me 6 years ago. Just do some research into his policies and the various effects, and even if you don't agree with us, you'll understand where we are coming from.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i understand what you say complet. OP, but here is my thing.... his whole campaign was about "change" and fixing all the problems and making things better....and yes he hasn't been in long, but out of all the decisions he has made, none of them (imo) have been good... wtf would you sign off a $700BILLION bill that people didn't even read? our children will be forever in OUR debt, and i doubt it's even going to fix much if at all..

people are losing their jobs everyday, losing things they have worked hard for....and you got this man who promised all these things...so we just want to see them....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Lovinangels.....clapping

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!

Answer by older at 12:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Sorry I'm not a political person - I'll admit it but people were still losing thier jobs before he took office, the housing market crashed sometime last year, GM has been on a rocky slope downward for years. However, yes things are getting worse but I think it was bound to happen no matter who is in office. Like the saying goes "it'll get a lot worse before it gets better". I don't think this huge stimulus is gonna fix things quickly. I don't think there is one quick fix to any of this but even he admits that.

I did want to get a cenus of how everyone is feeling and I think we ALL are entitled to those feelings. I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm not saying you're right. I do however feel that people would be sooo happy if things went back to the way they were years ago and all the credit would go to everyone but this president and his cabinet. I for one although I did not vote for him (nor McCain) wish him well.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009