How in the world can I get my almost 4 year old to sleep back in her room?? She started off with sleeping in her bedroom, but she would sleep on the floor in her doorway. I think I might have started this because I would let her sleep there I don't know. Anyway, then she started sleeping outside her door sometimes she would be half in the bathroom or sometimes she would even be in front of our bedroom door which scares me bc the steps are right there.

Now she is sleeping in the hallway this area where I have as my computer room. I keep the bathroom light on for her and the hall light on. She shuts every door upstairs when I ask her why she shuts them she just says because she wants them shut. If I make her sleep in her bed or even in her door way she screams bloody murder and doesn't want too. The thing is when she sleeps in the hallway she is up half the night. Doesn't go to bed until after 10 or 11 one night I have no idea when she went to bed hubby and I went to bed at about 10:30 one night she was still awake I was falling asleep the bedroom door was shut she walked i n and said she colored me a picture. I said OK Now go back to bed. She came in later and gave me something else so I yelled at her to tell her she needed to go to bed now. She doesn't even take naps she stays up there while my youngest is napping but she wont nap what should I do

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am in the same boat with my 3 yr old. SHe will not sleep in her bed. SHe sleeps on the floor in the LR or on the couch or in bed with her daddy on nights I work. She can be up until 2 or 3, I do not know how to fix it either, I tried to put a baby gate up to set the boundry but she climbs it. I figure it is not hurting anyone... whatever.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• should I continue to let her sleep in the hall I feel she isn't getting enough sleep she wakes up at 8am
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2009