FIL walks in...

So I drive from KC to visit DH in OKC while he's on his 3days off work. (works in oil field, on 6 days, off 3) Staying at IL's, where we still have a designated bedroom & bathroom even though we are in the process of moving out.(Lived there since July)

Recently, MIL's closet has overflowed, &FIL has filled our closet & bathroom w/ his things.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed in sleeping shorts & a bra, resting my head on DH's chest standing in front of me. DH was scratching my back before we went to bed. DH was "chubbing" if you know what I mean. FIL unlocks the door, walks in without knocking, stands in the doorway & laughs. He's in the bathroom for 45minutes, & I'm ready for bed... DH "lost his mojo" & we went all 3 days without.

Remember, not just 3 days, but the 6@ work, those 3, then another 6@ work. I've only seen him 3/15 days.

con't

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DH says he's embarrassed now, and has had a hard time even thinking about having sex...

How can I move past this incident and help DH to too? Should we say something to FIL?

DH doesn't have anywhere else to stay while on 3 days leave from work. We stayed in a motel for 3mos when he relocated to get this job, so we're not too keen on staying at a motel... plus, we've got a $4000 tempur pedic mattress that helps me, 33wks pg, sleep well...

Oh, and IL's are the kind of people that let their utilities cut off so they can have dinner out at Olive Garden... so we do pay our share, groceries in the fridge, turn the utilities back on, paid 1200.00 car ins for them, TWICE. There's a whole ugly story...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I personally would talk to FIL. If you pay bills around there then you have a right to privacy and your OWN space. I would be nice about it but let him know that when he is on leave that you NEED your time. My hubby works in refineries and we travel for work too so I know what you mean about that time being important. GL
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I say its really no big deal. One time at my house we where having a new years party and my parents where here....well my mother was looking for the room she was staying in and walked in to our room and my husband was going down on me...my husband was freaked out about it but I just told him we are all adults here and they do it too (even though you dont want to think about it) so there is no need to be ashamed and I doubt they really care.
    Anonymous

• absolutely talk to fil and put vaseline on the outside doornob. I'd also put a lock or two on the inside of your bedroom door! Sounds like you have a nosy fil.
    Anonymous

• Very inconsiderate. I would have your husband talk to his father though. I wouldn't suggest you do it, as it may be interpreted the wrong way or get blown out of proportion. When we have a problem with my in-laws I always have my husband talk to his family or vice versa if it's the other way around. It's much easier for your own family to listen to you and actually consider what you are saying without getting too huffy and puffy about it. Hopefully you guys can all find a resolution and good luck to getting your own place soon enough since that would be the ultimate solution, of course.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would have your DH talk to him as well and let him know that how you feel about it
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 5:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009