Who else has 'em?!

Goofy @$$ IL's that you wouldn't mind chunking off the side of a bridge sometimes?

What are your stories?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 12:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmmm..could it be the day we got marrieds, in the recieving line she whispered in my ear "i'll give it 6 weeks...6Months at the outside" 25+ yrs later it still grates on my nerves
    Anonymous

• Oh yes! Let's see! MIL tried to invite 2 girls who LITERALLY conspired to kill me, because one was in love with my DH, to our wedding!! Ugh!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• LOL. I am only putting this anon because i think they use cafemom. LOL. But somedays I feel this way FOR SURE! They can be most annoying. And always in mine and my husbands business!
    Anonymous

• Holy Lord, I think my family is the IL's that need to be thrown off a bridge! Now of my in-laws it would have to be a certain cousins wife and DON'T even get me started. Let's just say there's a family joke that not only is she weird, but he son by her first husband is a serial killer in the making.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• FIL insists that we bring our sons to visit him in another state. Never mind the fact that not only do I not get along with him, but we have no xtra money for gas and such. But SO insists we can't refuse. So we drive to his dad's but not before we have to stop and buy coal for the stove to heat his dad's house. Then we have to stop at the grocery store to buy food so we can eat. Then he says SO's grandmother wants us to visit so we go to her house and they make me cook breakfast for everyone. So the food we bought is still at his dads house. Then when we're leaving to go home, his dad asks US for gas money! I asked SO "Why is it when we visit him, it always ends with us giving him money?"
    Anonymous

• haha i can vouch for this one...my MIL wants us to elope to vegas and get married...im 20 myhubby is 25 we want to have a WEDDING!!! she is so worried about when we are going to get married its unREAL! She had the deciency to bring me over a stack of papers that she printed off the web of places in vegas we can get married. i look at it and said we are going to have a WEDDING with friends and family!!! i just threw it in the trash and didnt even look at the papers...my GOSHH!
    Anonymous

• lol, you girls! I'm so glad I'm not alone. MIL has money to have her hair professionally set in hot rollers, colored, and trimmed every week, ALWAYS has mani/pedi done, and ALWAYS eats out at big fancy restaurants, "Fast food is so unhealthy!" Yet, she sits in her room day after day, in the dark with the tv, her big "ONE POUNDER" bag of Haribo Gummy Bears, and there are at LEAST 5 different tubs of BlueBelle ice cream in the freezer!

She's got the money for this, but took out a 14k student loan in DH's name he didn't know about and refuses to admit SHE used the money!

Also, there have been 4 occasions I've been at their house in the last 3 months that the electricity has been shut off for at LEAST 2 DAYS at a time!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have them and It's good to know that I'm not alone in this to!!
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 5:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2009