6 month old throwing tantrums?

Recently my 6 month old son seems to be throwing fits. When he gets frustrated because he can't reach or pick up something he wants his body tenses up, he shakes and screams out. He does it with me too if I'm taking too long to spoon him some more food! Isn't he too young to be doing all that? Is it a sign of possible anger issues when he's older? It's just weird to me. I've never seen a baby so young do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 7 month old has been doing that for the last month or so. i thought the same thing. but i asked my doctor and she said that she is just a strong headed little girl and not to worry for now. just be firm even this young on saying no.
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My DD did that. She would throw a fit cause she couldn't reach things or walk. It is more likely that he is just really independent and mad cause he wants to do things himself but can't. My DD was so bad about throwing fits when she was trying to crawl (did it at 5 mo) that she would cry and wine the whole time she was trying. Same thing with self feeding and walking. Now she is 2 and does it when she cant get a puzzle together right LOL. I wouldn't worry too much.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• He is growing his little personality! Don't you get frustrated when you can't reach something (okay I admit it, I'm only 5'3! LOL) He has figured out how to get your attention when he is upset, and NO I wouldn't worry about an impending anger issue!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009