Should we have military in our international airports and at our borders in addition to airport security and border patrol or in place of either? What's your opinion so that another 9/11 doesn't happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep, I think they should supplement the security at airports and along the border. I would rather have them here defending our country than fighting and dying in a "war" with a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. I also think we should leave Korea but I suppose that'll have to wait for another time.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I do think that having military in the airports would possibly make a little bit of a difference, and I think all the southern states bordering Mexico should take the steps that TX is talking about taking (sending 1000 to guard the border). I think Obama is making the right decision to pull some troops out of Iraq and send more to Afghanistan especially along the Pakistan border where Al Qaeda and Taliban are to take care of the threat at its origin. I am hoping that Obama will make the decisions that really help us to protect our country even if it means continued deployments (and yes my hubby is military). But yes I do think we need to step up security here at home too, at our borders and international airports, etc.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009