Religion and Bashing... Hmmm apparently go hand in hand...

I have to ask...

Does your faith/beliefs/religion allow for hateful bashing of words to another human being???

I think a few of the regular posters are going to know why I asked this question being that they are some of the bashers from another post ...

Isn't it our job to help another person, maybe defuse her anger and help her see another way to a solution?

Or is it ok to just go right out there and bash someone, not give helpful suggestions, call them names etc...?

I am very curious... bc you see I always believe that you try to defuse a situtation and be caring and helpful to another ... point them into a direction that maybe more benefical to them and their problem that they are seeking help on...

Please I am all ears here...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 12:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly, I don't know why a person would use their religion to be mean and bash at someone who needs genuine help. As a mother it makes no sense, as a woman it makes no sense, and certainly, the way I practice my relationship with God, it makes no sense. Which is what was getting at... if you are in Truth and Truth is in you, then you should practice peace and love, which has no room for bashing.

I have an idea, a theory, if you will, but it's only mine; if a person is so cold that they can't even stand up for a person in need, who's come for help, then they probably need more help for themselves than the person asking for help to begin with. I get what gmasboy is saying. If a person wants to lash out, then do it with a face, not a mask of religion.

Be straight tho, I don't advocate bashing in the name of any religion. And I do not believe I am one of the women she speaks of.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I dont think any religion says to bash other people or their beliefs, but people take it upon themselves to do it for whatever reason.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree that no one of any religion should be bashing. But we're human and the anti-Christ...or anti whatever stuff I see on here could really get a person's blood boiling. You can't expect to throw a punch and not get hit back. We SHOULD walk away but we're not perfect and don't always do that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes its weird how its small thing that people bash or ridaquil but i myself dont know of their religion or that they take part in the believing of good in any form. it seems silly an disrespectful not only to the person they writing to but it is disrespectful to themselves.
    Anonymous

• but isn't it better to help someone out than bash them for a question of help?
    How about the Christians here... many of them posted so much hate that I had to do a double take as to who these women were...
    so it's ok with your religion to bash, judge and not extend and helping hand such as advice, or a private pm of guidance????
    Yes people get pist off... I am now bc of what I read and whom some of these ladies who said these things are.... but I am not bashing them or any other person...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree...and as a Christian I hate to see people react hatefully because they don't agree with someone...
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Come on Ladies... I know you know who I am speaking about...
    I want to know why it's ok for you to speak such hate at another yet come back and say that you are a good faithful person of your religion???

Let's just say I am calling you out onto the carpet....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think sometimes --- at least with religions that have the beliefs of "my way or burn in hell" --- some of the member of said religion think they ARE helping by bashing someone else's beliefs. They feel like it's their duty to turn people away from their "false religions" and come to their "true religion". They think they're doing the right thing in the right way.

As I said before --- I firmly believe that IF there is a God or Jesus..... these people I just described are going to be dancing in the streets & jumping for joy when He gets here, only to have a VERY rude awakening.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Oh and the post that I am referring to has NOTHING to do with religion in it... a mother out of frustration posted a question and the hate came out....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• what was it gmasboy and by the way hello how are you desiree says hi lol
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009