• In the Spotlight:

cakes

anyone know how to go about decorating cakes for a living? strange question i know but i love doing it. it doesnt take alot of time away from my daughter and since working at a michaels for two years ive picked up a few tricks. would anyone even be interested? i got a few pics of what ive done in the past year

taysmom73008

Asked by taysmom73008 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Join the group Cakes 101 here on cafemom. Several of the women sell their cakes and they can give you some tips on what to do and what not to do. Also, check into the laws of you city/state about making and selling cakes from your home kitchen. Some states such as Florida will not allow you to do that.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My mil and me make cakes on the side. Mostly she does. I do other decorating like party favors, diaper cakes and things like that. You should go to www.cakecentral.com and join. They have tons of people there just like you and you can share ideas and get tips. Thats what we do.

Answer by gemgem at 12:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/42213
    Join our group. I used to own a bakery and I worked in a grocery store for years. Feel free to send me any questions you have.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't but there are classes you can take at Hobby Lobby, Michaels or other crafty stores like that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009