transvaginal ultrasounds

can you have a transvaginal ultrasound done during your 22 week because i had one done and it came back negative and when i got it done i had a full bladder i was wondering did she do it wrong because i have been feeling some movement and their telling im not pregnant so im like what can it be and how accurate are those test and then i got a pelvic one done but she only put it where my pubic line is she didn't even move it up toward my pouch it was like she wasn't try to do my test right and if im saying i think i could be 22 weeks shouldn't she have put it on my belly because doesn't the baby move up in your belly now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should never have a full bladder when you get a trasvaginal ultrasound. Ive had 3 already this pregnancy, and I empty my bladder everytime before she does it. Did she try to see something with a regular ultrasound? I mean at 22 weeks you shouldnt need a trasvaginal ultrasound I wouldnt think.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I had a transvaginal ultrasound done too. and im now 20 weeks and 2 days and they told me im not pregnant either but i am feeling movement too. and my tummy is getting bigger and harder too.
    Anonymous

• Usually these people are very trained and if she had done it around your pelvis she would have seen something.
    Anonymous

• All along they told you that you were pregnant? and now you arent omg! You didnt have an early ultrasound or anything? Thats so odd.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• when they did the transvaginal ultrasound they most likely saw your uterus with nothing in it. If they didnt then they wouldnt telll you you arent pregnant.
    Anonymous

• jmgblair i did have a pelvic one done but she only put it on my pubic line and my bladder was full at that but thought thats was right then i did use the bathroom before the transvaginal ultrasound and she said my bladder was still kind of full and she still did the test
    Anonymous

• Hmm, Well I'm not sure. I'm only 8 weeks and the only way to see a good view of the baby right now is through those ultrasounds. Well I hope it was a mistake and everything is ok. But do talk to your doctor about it if you think she done it wrong. You want to be positive.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• GL hun.
    JmgBlair

• jmgblair no i didn't have any early ultrasounds because my test keep coming back negative so i told my doctor what was going on in my belly and i just recently got those other test i was talking about
    Anonymous

• What are your HCG blood levels saying?

This is very odd to me. First you should NOT have a full bladder for an intervaginal ultra sound but sometimes do need one for a external. Second even if she was around the pubic bone she should have seen something.

Are you of a normal weight? I ask because sometimes over weight (particulary very over weight) women's ultra sounds are clear but they should have still seen something.

Do you drink plenty of fluids? Being dehydrated can also cause the ultra sound to be unclear.

Honestly if this was me I would get a second opinion and demand an experienced tech do my ultra sound. If this person did your intervaginal without having you draining your bladder first she may have not been very experienced.
    Anonymous