• In the Spotlight:

stretch marks :(

so im 20 yrs old and my DD is 4 months now. Im pretty sad because i used to have a really cute little stomach... and now it looks like an 80-year old's. im not exaggerating... my 22 year old sister said it looked like e.t.'s neck. its gotten a little better-- theres still gross saggy wrinkly stretch marked skin though... am i alone here? any advice?

ps summer is comming up and i love the beach-- but i would be disgusted with myself... i have stretch marks on my thighs too... :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lots and Lots of vitamin E and cocoa butter. I think Palmers has a stretch mark creme also. But I havent tried it. They will fade I mean they will always be there but you can get them where they are really light and you cant really see them unless your really close to them.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• im 20 as well and prayed my whole pregnancy that i didnt get them on my tummy..which i didnt however got them really bad on my butt and boobs. my boobs look like deflated raisens..so nasty and unattractive. now that my son is 2 1/2 they have all faded to white/silver color and you can barly see them anymore. I know that it can be depressing but just relize that every woman no matter what they say has them...they fade over time..i know exactly how you feel. im getting breast implants in aug because of it..its taken a toll on me.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Welcome to Motherhood, only maybe 10% of women don't get them. You can still go to the beach they have suits that you don't have to hang out of. It's not that big of deal. I expected them when I got pregnant so i never freaked out when I got them.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Contrary to what pp said I did not get a single stretch mark and I gained 40 lbs. But they are genetic also. The only way to get completely rid of them is to have a tummy tuck! They don't ever go completely away.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• callie, if by PP you meant Navy, you must've read wrong since she said only maybe 10% DON'T get them...that would include you.

Anonymous

• No amount of lotions and potions worked for me. I still have a stomach that looks like a very striped watermelon. Even my husband said, "they got you BAD" after checking that I was okay with my battle scars.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2009