Why do we tell women that they're bad mothers for smoking pot but then we don't comment on their parenting abilities when they talk about being swingers and cheating on their husbands?

Would that make someone a "bad mom" too? If smoking a joint after your kids are in bed makes you a bad influence on them what does it teach them when you're out having sex with someone else's husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, I include everything when I tell someone that they are a bad mom, no need to leave anything out.
    Anonymous

• I think you are talking about two seperate set of parenting. I agree with neither. And I do neither. So that makes me a good mom IMO. What you are referring to above you are trying to classify them into either or... It does not work that way. Neither one is acceptable and yes, both makes for a bad mom, in any case. If I knew children of either parent, Yes, I would call DCFS.. either one is putting a child at risk. However, because I do not associate with the types of people, I know neither.
    Anonymous

• Everyone makes there own choices! I have never called anyone a bad mother I just think that their level of awareness is very low and I hope that they stand by their choices now so they don't feel guilty later.

I don't smoke pot, but I don't think it's any different than having a few drinks after the kids go to bed.

Oh and before anybody bashes my ass-I am well aware that weed is illegal:) But I am also well aware of the fact that it alter's your mind as does alcohol.
    Anonymous

• I guess all of us moms that smoke cigarettes are bad moms too, since it has been PROVEN by the medical field AND the gov't funded tests that cigs are worse than pot. I don't smoke pot but I want to. I also want to do it legally.
    Anonymous

• anon 11:53 cont.

I also don't believe that a swinging relationship or an unfaithful relationship would really affect your parenting skills....As long as you are taking care of your children I don't give a sh*t what you do in your spare time.
    Anonymous

• So as long as a mother is taking care of her children why can't she have a joint out on the pation in her own back yard?
    Anonymous

• anon 12:00 I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Anonymous

• I would comment on the parenting "abilities" in all the scenarios you mentioned.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I hope it's OK that I didn't post Anon.
    Pnukey