Best Way to do a round roast?

Whats the best way to cook a top round roast. I can't do crock pot because I want to have it for dinner and i don't think it will be done in time. I want it tender and not dead like they usually are.

Missy_Dye

Asked by Missy_Dye at 12:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I ususally do all my meats in the slow cooker but at times in a pinch I will get my deep dish cassrol pan out and add 1/4 cup of beef broth, chopped onions, all the herbs and spices you like cover with foil cook at 350 degrees or lower... check on so often and if needed add more broth you don't want to drown it but keep it moist thou... if you want vegies to go with it just add you chopped veggies about 45 minutes before you plan on serving the meal and raise the temp on the oven and add more herbs and broth so that the veggies don't dry out... keep foil on all throu cooking...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• rub with oil and salt and pepper. cut slits ind insert peeled garlic cloves. put meat on a bed of carrots/celery and onions and put in pre heated oven at 325 for about an hour. baste with beef stock every 1/2 hour continue cooking until thermometer reaches 135. low and slow is what you want to do. Make sure you pick a roast that is well marbeled and choice grade, not select! enjoy!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Season with salt and pepper. sear on high heat with olive oil (both sides) cut up your fav veggies place in roasting pan. add 1 pouch of lipton onion soup mix with 2 ups of water cook on 350 until falling apart
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• thanks ladies you all really help when someone needs it
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 5:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009