Family vacation to California!

We're going to California this Summer and I don't want to forget anything. I want to be able to come back and use this as a reference. So...tell me...what would you pack for a one week vacation to California?

We will be hitting Disneyland, SD zoo, Sea World, the beach and maybe a MLB baseball game. We will be flying.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Travel

• When are you coming? That's going to be the main thing. In the springtime and early summer it can still be cool so sweaters or light jackets are advisable. COMFORTABLE walking shoes. Beach socks for the kids wouldn't be a bad idea, depending on what beaches you'll be staying at. Sunscreen. Hats.

Late summer is when things heat up, but you still might want sweaters for indoors with all the air conditioning.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Oh how fun. I am from there originally. Make sure you bring a couple of bathing suits, some sandals, comfortable tennis shoes, shorts, plenty of tshirts and tank tops. Bring towels for the beach because Im sure youwill want to hit that too. Donr forget sunblock, maybe a water bottle because it does get hot quicker then you might think. Hats to keep the sun off your face and the kids faces. SD Zoo is fun but if I were you Id look into the wild animal park. I think its alotmore fun.

Answer by gemgem at 1:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• We will be there early June. The closest beach will be Huntington beach.
    Anonymous

• Well as a CALI native I will have to tell you first hand that the weather can be all over the map. For the most part California is nice and sunny but we do have our share of rain and wind. My family and I go to Disneyland at least once a week, we have annual passes and just love to go there during the week after work.
    A good idea for packing is to bring shorts and tshirts but always have a couple pairs of jeans and one light sweatshirt and one rain coat....just in case.
    Tennis shoes are a good idea for walking but sandles is like a way of life here....my toes are rarely covered all day.
    Anonymous