Circumsion should i be concerned..

Son is havin his circumsion, wasn't able to have when he was born he 6months now.should i be concerned, also he ball sack has not desended dr's suggested surgery to bring it down.

Asked by james2007 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Both of mine are circed but if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have had either one circed.

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Hey,
    Its Mona, my 6 year got his done when he was 3...he was my first son and I didn't know I had to pull back his skin. Well you know what happend next, anyway your boy has been through a lot. The procedure is quick, but you will have to apply neosporin a lot. Hope it helps

Answer by blessed247 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• As for the undescended testicle, I would give it some time. Sometimes they drop naturally and I'd hate to have him go through an unnecessary surgery.

Answer by jjamom at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Definitely do your research, and make sure you're making an educated decision first.

Answer by rae_dawg at 12:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

Answer by rae_dawg at 12:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't do it again. My sons split open after 3 days @ home & we took careful care. Blood gushing. It was awful. I was so resistant to do it & for a good reason it turns out.

Answer by krista8111 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Its not a medical need anymore to circ, I did'nt to either of my sons and they're adults now..and have never had any problems and there was never any "special cleaning" that was needed. Its all about the look, and more than half of the male population is not there ya have it.

Answer by sunshinecalimom at 3:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• No, it's done all the time. I have one son that is and one that isn't. I wish I had done both. It's easier to keep clean. My uncircumsized child constantly gets crud up in there that can cause infections and (has) a few times. Do your research and do what's best for you and your child. As far as the testicle, they usually do come down on their own, but if you really feel surgery is the answer talk with your doctor so more about it or research it on the web.

Answer by asmith62877 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• THANKS TO EVERYONE it easing my mind more , and my heart you know how us mommies are protect our kids..

Answer by james2007 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Lots of info on my profile page, if you are interested:) My son is uncut, and we've had no issues whatsoever.

Was he born prematurely? Sometimes babies who are born early have undescended testicles. They might come down on their own time. I'd wait it out, and possibly see another doctor, for a second opinion.

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 11:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2008