If there is a recession, why are stores like Walmart always packed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they are cheaper stores. Stores like Wal-mart do well when people are pinching their pennies. Goodwill is booming.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• because this isn't a true recession- yet. I personally don't think it will get that bad. But I guess only time will tell.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• low prices...paying cash NOT CHARGING ON CREDIT.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I wonder if places like walmart are busiest around the 1st of the month? Free money comes and goes.
    Anonymous

• Cheeper store some people are feeling the pinch more then others!
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• we went to a pottery place yesterday where you paint your own pottery. Its around $20/per person to paint a sald plate or something small. I highly recommend going to one of these place my daughter and I have been twice and it is great bonding...anyway the place was really busy. My dad was shocked we have had a ton of layoffs around us. Then we went and played indoor putt-putt and laser tag and it was packed. We were realy surprised we don't usually go out like that but apparently not everyone is hurting.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No doubt, went to the mall recently and it was really busy and packed. And people weren't just walking around either, the cash registers were 'chinging' away.
    Anonymous

• we went to a pottery place yesterday where you paint your own pottery. Its around $20/per person to paint a sald plate or something small

$20 a to make your own PLATE?! That's more expensive than my formal Lenox china pattern!!!

If you're looking for activities to "bond" over, there are a gazillion things families can do for FREE or much less to save money!
    Anonymous

• everywhere is feeling the crucnh...we just went shopping for clothes at the mall and there are crazy sales everywhere... i was getting $70-$80 jeans for $35-$40...$40 shirts for $15....i was loving it..

walmart is really cheap, they are probably getting a lot of business, so thats how they stay stocked...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• because poeple need their cheap crap from China
    Anonymous