I need opinions....

My mom and I are opening a home based daycare. I was thinking along with the regular Monday through Friday routine, once a month have a "day camp" or "Parents Night Out" like option. This would allow those mom's that would like the day to go shopping, get your nails done or just clean your house in peace. I know I don't have many friends or baby sitters, so this would be great for me, being a single mom.
We were thinking from 10-6 for $25 and additional kids for $15, one Saturday a month. We would provide snack and lunch. During the day we would have a craft, movie and free play.

What do you think? Would any one be interested? Does the time and price sound good?

I need feed back, I really want to move on this opportunity so we can get it up and running before the summer.

brannen

Asked by brannen at 1:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My suggestion is dont post this in every topic like youre doing. more people will be annoyed than want to respond...not being mean. just trying to help you out. and post your question in some groups as well.
    Anonymous

• I am interested! Where do I sign up! :)

Seriously, it sounds like a great idea. I would be worried about the "additional child" policy though. You don't want too many kids there at one time. I dont know if there are laws in your state about a child/teacher ratio. I would look into that. I think the fee is very reasonable. If we were to have to get a sitter for just a couple hours, it would equate to more than that!

Also, on the weekend, I would rather have a "parents night out" type thing rather than a whole day. Since I only get weekends with my son, we typically do family things on Saturday and church/relax on Sunday. I think you would have a higer percentage of parents who want a night out instead of a whole day! Good luck with your daycare! :)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would LOVE it if my daycare did something like that! Full "hells yes" from me!!
    theRonimal

Answer by theRonimal at 1:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Wow. I wish there was a daycare like that where I live. We moved here about a year ago for my husbands job and we dont know that many people. I would love a day to myself : ]
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 1:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009