Who checks the pockets?

When you do laundry and it's time to wash pants, do you check the pockets or do you leave it up to the pants wearer?

I'm doing laundry and was just curious about how other mommas do it. I personally check the pockets since we had a huge incident a few months ago... DH (while HE was doing laundry) washed his wallet and my cell phone

Momma2beauties

Asked by Momma2beauties at 1:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never do. Things get washed and ruined, but not MY stuff. I empty my pockets each time I take off my pants.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i check hubbies just in case there is money in there that he forgot lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I check but hubby usually takes everything out. If I had more family member's clothes to wash I would check them for the sake of MY laundry and machines. But if they had stuff in them I would put them to the side and take them back to that person so he/she can know that clothes don't get washed with stuff in the pockets. Maybe then they'll remember to do it before it goes in the dirtly clothes.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My husband typically empties his pockets as soon as he gets home from work (pens, cell phone, change, wallet, etc) so I don't check pockets. I have had a few incidents before with a pen being in his pocket and ruining clothes, and I threatened him with bodily harm if it ever happened again, and it hasn't since.... I do ALL the laundry and housekeeping, the least he can do is check his pockets.... My son is good about emptying his pockets when he takes dirty clothes off and he is 9. I caught him young enough to teach him right.. My husband is a different story......
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Always.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I check my husband's because he doesn't ever take anything out. It drives me nuts!!! One time I didn't and I had a huge mess from black grease crayon. All over my clothes and then the dryer too!!!!
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I do. He always leaves all types of crap in his pants and if he's stupid enough to leave something in there he doesn't want to me see for whatever reason than it's his fault he got caught not mine. I hate having to scrape out loose change and cigarette butts out of the bottom of my washer after every load.
    Anonymous

• I always forget to check pants pockets so I pretty much leave it up to the person wearing them lol. I have washed my hubbys wallet before so now he takes his wallet out before he takes his pants off lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• anon 141 your hubby leaves ciarette butts in his pants too??? I thought it was just my hubby lol. He puts them in his pocket then I have to clean the washer I hate that.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I refuse to check pockets. I will shake them upside down on the floor (for $$) but I will NOT stick my hand in there - NO WAY!!
    Anonymous