location of the placenta?

im 18 weeks and i still havnt felt my baby move yet, but with my fist i had felt him by now. my dr said its probably because the placenta is in front this time and last time it was in back and it kind of acts like a pillow. does this mean i wont get to see all the cool movements like when he is much bigger and kicks later? with owyn i could like see a distinct elbow or a knee or something every once in a while, will i see it this time?

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 1:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe but i would give it a week or so and maybe you will feel more pronounced movement. Good luck!!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 1:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I had an anterior placenta with my second. It may take a little longer to feel movement, but you'll get to experience all that fun stuff.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You'll still feel it eventually. And the placenta tends to move around a bit, anyways. Chances are, in a few months it will be on the side or something.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I wouldnt fret, some people dont feel their baby move till like 24 weeks, and your only 18 weeks when I was 16-18 weeks i had a hard time determining if it was the babies or if it was gas bubbles or something (TMI but thats what it first felt like)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't worry at all. It *may* take longer, but there really is no right time for movement, all women feel it at different stages.

BUT to clear something up, the placenta doesn't actually move. As your uterus expands it pushes the placenta to different positions but a placenta can't just move from front to back, back to front, top to bottom.. lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'm twenty weeks right now, and still can't feel the baby. My ultrasound confirmed the presence of the placenta, so I try not to worry about it. :) In fact, I can't get a 3D view of the baby at all due to the placenta being totally in the way. I wouldn't fret - it's common to not feel the baby for several more weeks. :)
    newmom6642

Answer by newmom6642 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009