What would you do?

I am trying to do some planting but for some reason the soil is rock hard even if I was to water it down it only softens the top but not enough. Any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You may have to much clay in your dirt...
    Have you put all new top soil on the area? you may have to use alot ...
    Or you could do what I plan on doing... using large over size flower pots and creating
    my garden... some are going to be a few veggies and the others all of my favorite herbs and flowers... they are also portable so I can actually place them onto the porch sort of decorations too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have nothing but clay as well. I bought a claw, it tears up the soil and you can use it to mix in organic matter to improve your soil quality. I'm never moving so I have the 4-7 years it takes to change my soil. If you don't I'd suggest using pots.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 6:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2009