was anyone else curious to see the placenta after they gave birth?

when i gave birth to my son and the dr was delivering the after birth, i had him take a second and show me what it looked like. i was very curious to see what had been growing inside of me. am i just weird or was anyone else curious??
no bashing please. its called curiousity. by the way-yes it was kinda gross. lol

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no I had no desire.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• NO! lol...but I did ask the doctor if it was out yet, cuz I didn't feel anything else after the baby came out.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Lol, I was. I hated that my husband knew more about childbirth than I did because he always got to see everything with my last deliveries. So with this one I did exactly what you did, I asked the doctor to show me the placenta. I was surprised by how big it was, and yuck, I thought it was gross too. Don't need to see it again. Can you believe that people eat it? Gross.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• well i guess its official...im just weird. lol. sry but im a very curious person. the dr gave me a funny look too. lmao
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yes but becouse the look of it can tell you lots about how you carried. Like how healthy you were and how well the baby was nurtured through it you want it big and bright red
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yay im not the only one who wanted to see it. i had them drop the mirror down because i wanted to see my son born but the dr kept getting in the way. i was irritated by that but i guess at that moment everything irritated me anyway. lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The nurse actually asked me if I wanted to see mine and I thought what the hell I'll take a look.
    So I guess I'm weird too!
    Anonymous

• lol your not weird. I wondered what it looked like too. But I had a csection and was so damn medicated i could barely speak lol!!! So was it big????
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 2:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I was suprised at how big mine was!
    Anonymous

• I think i'd like to see...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009