What smell reminds you of your childhood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• freshly mown grass.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Moth balls. LOL. My grandmother always kept moth balls in her hallway closet. And the smell of McDonald's.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Not sure how to explain it. Have you ever played with those paper flower pressing kits? They have a very distinctive smell. Just passed it the other day at toy r us, brought me back.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing as the first poster....freshed mowed grass. I was always outside playing in the summer, and I always remember the smell of the lawn after my dad and the neighbors mowed it.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 2:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• fresh mowed grass here, too... and boiling macaroni noodles...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• fresh cut grass!!! laying out in the summer sun reading and that smell. Wow! Take me there!!!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 2:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ivory Soap...My grandmother used Ivory...That nice clean fresh smell. I can see Mammy in my mind.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Brown Beans cooking,we lived off of those.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I used to spend the summers with my grandparents in western PA, coal mining country. So the smell of suphur takes me back to those happy days.

The other smell is coffee. I'd mentioned before that as a child I would wake up before dawn and hear my grandparents starting breakfast. I'd walk down the steps from the bedroom in the dark and open the kitchen door and there would be light and the fragrance of my grandmother's coffee perking on the stove. And both grandparents would greet me warmly. And Grandma would make whatever I wanted for breakfast, usually pancakes. But it was that smell of coffee that I remember so well. :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Eucalyptus trees.. they were all over in the town I lived in when I was little. Breakfast being cooked. Pert Plus.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009