Confused!!!

If I had a period july 12th and got pregnant August 4th and then had implantation bleeding August 18th would my due date be based off of LMP of July 12th? or would an ultrasound date it from the time implantation occured? (making my due date May 11th)??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You would go by you last full period.
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 2:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ultrasound dates it from your LMP. So the date of conception plus 2 weeks.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 2:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Generally speaking, a baby's due date is either calculated by using the LMP (first day) or by ultrasound (the size of the baby). If there is any confusion, when you have an ultrasound, your due date can be calculated based on the size of the baby. My doctor found that using my LMP seemed to calculate my due date a little off (I had recently quit using a birth control pill, and my periods had been irregular, a common occurence), so she went by the size of the baby. I just had my second ultrasound and the baby's "size" is right on with the due date as calculated from the ultrasound at nine weeks. (I'm twenty weeks right now.)
    newmom6642

Answer by newmom6642 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009