my 3 yr old spent the weekend at Grandmas house... Great, rite??? not realli! she came home covered in reddish bite marks:( now that i think about it, i've see the same type of marks on My younger brother.... I think she may have Bed Bug bites. :( how can i treat them??? Please, any1 with any clue let me kno something.

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 2:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• if its bed bugs you should look to see if it spread to your childs bed or wherever she slept, sit or anywhere in your house, if you have it, your in for a big loss of lots of furniture
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Does her grandma have pets? It could be fleas. Either way, all I know would be to control the itch the same way you would if it was a mosquito bite and to keep an eye on them so they don't get infected.

Answer by Bmat at 2:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i think you spot the bedbugs either inside of the bed (by cutting open a certain spot) or where you can lift up the fold of the mattress on the side where bedbugs are most likely hidden.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i have a three yr old niece and if there is one flea in a 50 mile radius, it finds her!!!!! She gets the same little red bite marks and can have 15 or 20. She doesnt get them from our house but i think from her grandmas.But the point is, some people are more prone to get them, i dont no y. But if grandma has a pet, i would suggest bombing the house and flea drops 4 the pets b 4 my child went back.
    itainteasy25

Answer by itainteasy25 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If its bed bugs then you will need to treat your house. bed bugs are travelers. If she took any of her things, like toys, pillow or blankets you should put them in the wash ASAP. They can get in suit cases or be on dirty clothes. If you think grandma has bed bugs you should give her a heads up. Bed bugs are a pain in the ass to get rid of!
    bbysqd

Answer by bbysqd at 2:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OMG... this is bugging me out.. (no Pun intended) but she hasnt been home since ive noticed the marks. every1 keeps saying dont bring her home with the clothes she had there. but im skeptical about leaving her there again, i dnt kno what 2 do. the bites are everywhere n shez realli lite so they sho easily. i dnt kno if i should evn send her to daycare. this is sickining. I jus moved, i cant afford to get rid of all my new furniture. :( my poor baby! my main concern is not how 2 spot the bugs or even get rid of them, thats 4 my mom 2 figga out. i realli wanna kno how 2 treat my baby's skin. HeLLLLLP!
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 3:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Take her to the Dr...
    Anonymous

• Dont leave her there, where she can continue getting bit. Treat your house, take her to the doctor. Go to the pharmacist and ask their opinion on what to get to treat the house as well as your child's skin
    Anonymous

• Dry everything on high heat. you cant drown them. you probably need to call an exterminator for you and for your mother. lift the mattress on the bed and if you have red splotches of blood then you have them. they are the hardest thing to get rid of
    gl
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• hydrocortisone cream works well!

Also, you can get an anti-bedbug mattress cover for beds and cribs from places like http://www.bedbug.com

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2010