Does any one have Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and how long did it take for your DR to find out thats what it was????

I have been wondering why my Dr is unsure about whats I have!
My Hair falls out more the the 80-175 pieces a day!
I have acne in my jaw line and a bit above and below
I only got four periods last year
I have a hard with losing weight and at 203 I am obese

So have ultra sounds lined up to look for cysts and then I found out I hpv so now they have to check for cancer! My friend who works as a Dr asst. Has seen many caes like mine! I am wondering if I have PCOS! I cant carry a baby either... Lost two in the last two years so., really now I need to know how long it took your drs to figure it out
Thanks Amanda

Avriesmom

Asked by Avriesmom at 2:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• Hello Avriesmom,
    First thing is I would get your thyroid checked to make sure you don't have hypothyroidism. Next I do have PCOS or thats what one Dr. said the other Dr. said I am in the unknown category. It took the 1st dr. about a year to come up with that diagnosis. I had my period probably 3 times a year so I had to take progesterone and clomid to get pregnant as I was not ovulating on my own. You do have a higher chance in miscarrying with PCOS, I don't know if thats your case but talk to your dr. When I had my ultrasound done of my ovaries they were looking for a mature egg and there wasn't one to be found instead they just found little cycts and called it PCOS. Well good luck I hope your Dr. figures everything out, that thyroid will mess with you so make sure and have it checked. Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well I lost two babies in two years! I also have been tested for lots of things already and my thyroid is normal...,I am just getting restless I have a ultra sound in week and a half.. But Thanks a lot for getting back to me . Any advice on how to ask my dr or bring it up. I figured He would know!!!!!
    Avriesmom

Answer by Avriesmom at 10:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Just say that a friend had mentioned PCOS and that you just wanted to know what he thought, if that could be your problem. PCOS is very hard to diagnose like I said they are not even positive thats what I have. Definetly bring it up with your doc though and research it online and tell the dr. the symptoms that your having and how they match up with PCOS. I think he will know much more after your ultrasound. Good Luck again keep me posted.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 8:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Thanks! I will totally say some thing! I cant see him till after my ultra sound a week from this friday! (excited ) to get it over with, new things I am expierencing is super bad head achs and think I am getting hives from my acne meds! So many sleepliess nights still like most night a lay in bed from 10 till 2 am before I crash out! Boo I feel like me body hates me!
    Avriesmom

Answer by Avriesmom at 1:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009