HELP????

Does anyone else have a fear of being in crowds or around people you do not know? I swear i never get as nervous as when im in a unfamiliar situation around people i do not know. When i get to know them im an outgoing person but at first, im a mess???

itainteasy25

Asked by itainteasy25 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• Yes, I have had that problem since I was raped a couple years ago. In fact, I didn't leave my house for almost a year afterward. If you ever wanna talk feel free to message me. I still battle it and have to force myself to leave my house. Lately I haven't even left my bedroom except to go to the bathroom. I spent the last month in my room.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Not so unusual you know people are judging you by your first 5 min and will sum up if they will want to be your friend ect., just accept it that not everyone is going to love you. Sorry sweetie! Try drinking a lil coffee to help you get over the hump of introduction ect., I think most people are shy.
    Do not let people judge you and change how you feel about yourself. Jesus loves you! Find a few good friends and heck with "being in" It is very shallow to be liked by all and is changeable!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'm the same way, I guess thats why most of the time I post anon, answer anon,lol I don't know a soul on here but I'm such an introvert when it comes to certain situations... I can talk to anyone when we go somewhere but for instance we moved here almost a yr ago and I just don't have the nerve to meet the Moms at school etc... It's a strange feeling, hard to explain, like I'm the elephant in the room, so it's just easier to just stay home. I had my son at his old school from k-5th grade, knew all the Moms, went to all the ptc meetings and now I don't know what to do... I just keep putting it off and soon school will be out... I don't know how to get over it, I'm a SAHM my youngest starts school in the fall and I'm afraid it will get worse because I won't have to take him anywhere and I will stay in the house and hide....
    Anonymous

• I have that same problem, I'm extremely nervice and think everybodies talking crap about me.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• as a matter of fact. at this very moment in my life I am trying to get my meds straight for my anxiety. The fear is real and it can be very paralyzing. I never in my life would have thaught I would be in this way at all. Now I have to figure a way to live my life. Your not alone and there is support for you.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 10:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009