Should I be mad?

I know dreams are involuntary but should I be a little concerned my boyfriend is having dreams about his ex? Or am I just overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Depends what happens in these dreams, if he's being honest with you about them then that's good, I wouldn't be too worried. What has he told you about them?
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• He may just be in the habit of thinking about her in his dreams. Suggest that next time he starts dreaming of her to push the dream aside and think about his car instead. :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• he said that they just sat there and talked and that she said she missed him and crap like that
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be. Did he tell you about them or was he talking in his sleep? I have dreams about my ex sometimes, I do NOT have feelings for him at all. I would say it's not a big deal. I would worry however if the dreams are every night or go on for an extended period of time.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Depends on what it is he's dreaming maybe? But be glad that even tho it may hurt a little, or be hard to hear, that he's honest enough to share with you that it's going on. Maybe he's looking for answers to WHY it's happening but relax, I've dreamed about people that I don't even know, and people that I have NO interest in romantically when I'm awake. Dreams are our way of working out our problems a lot of times, and it could be that's how he's finding closure to their relationship?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well he can't help what he dreams and just because he dreams something doesn't mean he wants it to happen, even subconciously. I have dreams about loved ones dying and that in no way means I want it to actually happen. I do agree that it's good that he's been open about them with you, because that means he's not confused by them. I don't think you should be mad, but it's okay if it bothers you. Just remember that it's not his fault.
    Anonymous

• Its not his fault... he cant help what he dreams about, but he probably is THINKING about her why else would he have dreams about her?
    Anonymous

• if it was a sex dream i would be a little upset even if it was just a dream cuz i want him to dream about me not her lol
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 2:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Idk I think it depends. Sometimes dreams do mean something. I wouldn't worry too much about it. He probably seen her or thought about her.
    Anonymous

• my ex creeps into my dreams sometimes too, 4 years after the breakup. it's not something i have control over, and it does freak me out, i've had intimate dreams about him too, not that i intend to, but i always wake up feeling super dirty, and need my DH's affection to get rid of the thought. Try to be kind and consider how he may feel about these dreams... though he may push his feelings aside or try to hide them from you, they're still there... if you want, ask him how he feels about those dreams. base your determination off how he feels about the dreams, not the actual dreams themselves.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009