HELP! I'm so far behind

I'm big on Creative Memories, but Im way behind on scrapbooking. I mean 2 kids behind and about 2 years on my oldest. Does anyone know of an easier way to just at least get me caught up for now. Such as online, making it and then it's all sent and put together for me.

ANYONE? ANY IDEAS? HELP?

racingmomma

Asked by racingmomma at 2:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i think places like snapfish and shutter fly offer the digital scrapbooks or something for customers but if I am not mistaken it is kind of expensive. Some of our scrapbooking stores will do it for a fee also.
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 2:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am really behind too! I scrapbook constantly but we're always doing something fun so by the time ive done one event ive got new pics for five more! I just did my sons birthday as a photobook on shutterfly.com to save time on that! I also have a cricut machine and it makes things much quicker but they're really expensive! Try hosting a scrapbooking party and have friends over that way its fun and doesn't feel like a chore instead of a hobby! I wish my friends scrapbooked! I'd have parties myself lol
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Doesn't creative memories have a digital scrapbooking program? There is also one called Lifetimez.

But here is one piece of advice I can give you....don't worry about the ones you are behind on. I've always heard that if you are just getting started or you fall behind, start with the present and work forward and then you can start working on the albums you are behind on.

I use Creative Memories too and if you want I can share the system that has worked for me. If you want to message me, then I will tell you what lets me complete 4+ albums a year. :-)
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 12:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• usbornebooksdh: I'm an Usborne rep too!! :-)

Anyway, I know what you mean about getting friends together. It's so much easier if you know others who scrapbook. If you don't have friends that you know that scrapbook, try looking to see if you have a local scrapbooking store. We have one about 20 minutes from my house and they have crops and get togethers all the time. It's a great way to meet new people and get your scrapbooks done!! :-)
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 12:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I got so far behind too (farther than you), that I just got around to doing very basic pages, like putting a plain color page for the background, putting pictures on (no cutting or cropping) and putting a title and date. They don't look as good as other pages I have done, but alleast the memories will still be there and they still don't look bad at all, just not as fancy.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I suggest getting an idea book from somewhere I get the ones from Close to My Heart and I love them they have the sizes to cut and then show where to put them it makes gerat pages in little time. I crop 1 evening a week with some friends and I can usually get 3 or 4 sets of pages done in that time using the idea books.
    momfairy

Answer by momfairy at 5:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009