my DD has had horrible diarrhea for 3 days

She is 16 months old, what can I do for her besdies giving her gatorade and pedialyte?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try the BRAT diet. Bannana, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. If she has had it that long, it could be the Rotavirus (sp). My son had that when he was 2, no fever, no vomiting, just Diarhea non stop. Best thing to do is just keep her hydrated. Don't worry if she doesn't eat too much, just lots of fluids. My son got dehydrated w/ this and it was awful! If this is what she has, it does last up to 7 days or so. Hope she feels better soon!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• what is she eating? i would make a dr. apt. to make sure she is okay and not dehydrated....

try giving her stuff with fiber in it... is she vomiting??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• She's not vomiting, but wouldn't feeding her things with fiber make it worse? She doesn't really want to eat very much
    Anonymous

• I would take her to the doctor because my hubby was doing thins a week ago and they were still concerned about salmonella poisoning. They said it can take everyone's system a different amount of time before you know you have it. They will take a sample and have it tested. Plus they will need to make sure she does not get dehydrated! Please call your doctor. It could be something else!
    Anonymous

• Do what Tiffany said.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• IT DEPENDS ON Y SHES HAVING THE RUNS..IF ITS A VIRUS THEN YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT TILL IT PASSES AND KEEP GIVING HER PEDIALYTE AND GATARADE..IF ITS SOMETHING ELSE THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE HER TO A PROFESSIONAL TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009