Regret not saying it!

After me and my boyfriend broke up. There were so many things that I felt like I didnt get to say to him. I feel so unsatisfied, and in a way wish I could tell him EVERYTHING that was bothering me threw out the relationship. Just to get things off my chest! Im NOT going to tell him, because I found out I was preg. and he said he wants nothing to do with the baby so I figured I am not going to talk to him anymore! It just makes me kind of regret not saying what I wanted to. Should I feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• From my experince even after you say what you think you need to say you'll still feel like you should've said more...It SUCKS!
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 2:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You don't have closure and without it you will always feel that way
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Maybe try putting it in a letter. You don't have to give it to him but it might make you feel better to actually let it out.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• im with DDry
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think it's a normal feeling to want to be able to say what you feel in that situation. Years down the road, things still bother me that I did and didn't say.
    With the two of you having a baby together tho, you're going to get a chance to say something sooner or later. He may not want anything to do with the child now, or ever, but eventually unless you tell the child how terrible their father is, they'll want to meet him if for no other reason that to just have some closure.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yea it does suck when you hold back...but i look at it like its over and done, just close the book and move on.... no off. but he sounds like a p.o.s. how is he gonna tell you he wants nothing to do with that baby...girl you are better off without someone like that.

seeing as tho this was only a bf... i would just forget about it... i mean unless it really bothers you, then just tell him...but from what it sounds like... he will just blow it off anways...

hope things get better
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• w/ DDry on this one...

try the letter.

You don't have to give it to him, and you can burn it once the feeling passes. That's how I relieved a lot of tension and stress from my relationship before DH. I even read some of the letters with DH and he helped me cope through it. There's nothing like watching a pile of old letters to someone that should have been important go up in ashes and blow away in the wind!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I tell my daughters to write it in a journal. Your brain gets the closure and you don't have to ever send it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009