• In the Spotlight:

Do you spend you tax refund on wants not needs?

This is crazy and really got to me the other day. I was at walmart and I saw this family cashing their tax refund at the walmart's money center and they bought
THREE playstation 3's!!! That is $400 a piece. They had a older son and like a six month old. What did they need all those for?

What did you spend yours on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I want to pay off some hospital bills and get some new carpet for the living room.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Maybe they already have what they need idk.We spend on things needed first and if any is left we wither get some things we just want or save it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• One of my huge irritations about Walmart. They were running specials and constant commercials for stimulus check cashing when we got our stimulus checks last year. This was clearly to encourage people to spend their check at Walmart the second they got it instead of using it to pay off bills or debts.

My return money is going to be spent on my college tuition for furthering my education and to pay my husband's car off so that we can buy a family vehicle that accomidates our growing family and our two dogs safely for family trips :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• either*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ha Ha what tax refund? we are people who pay for everything and the tax man wants 15k more. we have no idea how to pay for that?
    The people who are getting the money are people who pay for nothing. ( beer, cigs, drugs)
    Trust me people that do not pay taxes do not respect the money they get.
    And YES I DO KNOW PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• This year we put some towards our trip to Disney and the rest paid off a small credit card. You don't know if they were buying them for gifts or what. I don't understand why what someone else does with their money would "get " to you.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• When we get a refund, we spend 1/2 on home improvements to keep our home updated and 1/2 on charities. Sometimes it's a little, but every little bit helps and some can be deducted next year. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• we did both... paid on some bills...and bought some clothes and just enjoyed ourselves a little...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• PP, there's lots of people who pay a lot in taxes and still get some back at the end of the year. It's not only people who pay no taxes that get money back. We're a family of 4 and we claim 0 - that's how we're able to get money back.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• We used a good part of it to pay off a few small, piddling bills,that were just a bother every month. We also bought a few things,and mainly just got caught up on stuff. It's nice to have a little breathing room every month.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009