what does everyone think about this quote from Obama? (I love it!)

" I know how unpopular it is to be seen as helping banks right now. But I also know that in a time of crisis, we cannot afford to govern out of anger, or yield to the politics of the moment. My job is to solve the problem. I will not spend a single penny for the purpose of rewarding a single Wall Street executive, but I will do whatever it takes to help the small business that can't pay its workers or the family that has saved and still can't get a mortgage. Because when credit is available again, that young family can finally buy a new home. And then some company will hire workers to build it Then, slowly, but surely, confidence will return, and our economy will recover.”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I like that he's going to try to help Americans but I know that other will read this

" I will not spend a single penny for the purpose of rewarding a single Wall Street executive,"

and then use the word earmarks somehow.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I love it too and feel it shows strength and integrity. Thanks for posting.
    Anonymous

• Because when credit is available again, that young family can finally buy a new home. And then some company will hire workers to build it Then, slowly, but surely, confidence will return, and our economy will recover.”

He shouldn't have used home building in this example.  Resale market is expected to rebound before the new build market (at least on the last trend report I read in builderonline.com) new builds were down 10% and existing homes sales were down 5%. Most young families will simply not be able to afford new construction compared to an older existing home.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It's a great quote but is it believable, not so sure, I voted for Obama because I thought he would do the best for our economy! But so far he's putting us back in the sh*ter. Have you even read whats in the bill, he's nuts, or who ever wrote it! Almost 1billion is about pork and another billion is to build baseball stadiums (I know it'll create jobs to build them) but what happens after they are built(then what do those workers do) I don't think the democrats that it through when they wrote it, and yes I say democrats because no republicans were allowed in to write or even suggest anything. Talk about a president who has been through racism, why would he descriminate?! I like the old Obama, the one who wants everyone to be equal, this Obama is being racist!
    Anonymous

• laughing"Oh and by the way- your taxes will increase."

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• your taxes will only increase if you make over 250K and i don't !!! So I am happy about the tax change!!
    Anonymous

• If his lips were moving he was lying.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• oh anon 43-- why don't you go ask your employer how much they make? and then ask them what they'll do when their taxes increase.........
    I'd hate to ruin the surprise- but in case you don't ask I'll give you a hint:
    Someone is going to be out of a job!

That's not counting the new tax on gas :D Or is it only the 'well-to-do' that fill up now a days?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• "your taxes will only increase if you make over 250K and i don't !!! So I am happy about the tax change!!"

That's right. Because those mean ole rich people need to be taught a lesson.....gah.

If you think it will stop at 250K, you are delusional.

Anonymous

• OMG! how can you still buy the over 250,000 theory! he's taxing EVERYTHING that poor people buy. He passed out 13 bucks a paycheck and it's gonna cost you at least a 100 a pay.

congratulations, that's gonna help that young family that wants to buy a house.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009