Should I call in about this?!

I'm officially aggrivated today. Thursday, we had the carpets cleaned. $290 for 3 rooms. Friday, I just bought $3600.00 worth of living room furniture from a small locally-owned store here in town.

The living room furniture was delivered today. There was snow a couple days ago, but has melted off, except for the shady spots in the back yard. The sidewalk and driveway are dry and clear, yet somehow the big bozo lugs tracked in mud through all 3 rooms! I've waited for it to dry, and tried to vaccuum up what I could!

There are two mats to wipe your feet, one on either side of the door, plus a sign hanging that says, "Please Wipe Your Paws!" and a tile entryway that is lined with shoes as we don't wear them inside.

I know it wasn't a deliberate action, but it was IMO a negligent one, as neither of them apologized or even acknowledged on any of their 3 trips inside and through my house!

Should I call the store?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would definitely
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes...I would. I'd be nice and calm and explain the problem and see what they will do for you.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes, and I would have said something to them before they left too! I understand that they were probably hurrying and had other deliveries, but that's your home and it's no excuse.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 3:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i would...omg i would have been livid if i saw all that mad after i just paid a bunch of money to have the carpets cleaned...i would have had those guys cleaning it up before they left!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes, call the store. At least they need to know this is not acceptable for their delivery people. I had a telephone guy come when it was raining and he actually brought plastic booties that he slipped on over his shoes to keep from tracking dirt on my floor.

Answer by Bmat at 3:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i dont usually complain but in this situation i would.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would call. The guys delivering the furniture should've had those shoe covers (like what dr's wear). We had to have the cable guys here a few months ago, had a ton of snow and they put them on! They should've had something like that.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I was in the same boat as bmat except it was the cable guy who put plastic booties on his feet and I thanked him for it. I think you should call the store also.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yes!!! def call!! It's one thing when its family tracking in dirt but visitors, especially when they're delivering things you PAID FOR should be a little more courteous.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• We had that problem before when we got a fridge last summer from rent a center. They pushed the fridge its way through and scratch the hard wood bloor to hell and the side of the wall wash all scratched up. I called hubby at work and told him because they didn't say anything about doing it. Hubby reported it. They didn't do anything though all they did was they did have the manager come take pictures of it and said sorry. That is all they did though. We have beautiful hardwood floors now they are all scratched up.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009