My 21 month old refuses to sit in the high chair and screams when I try to put him in a booster seat. Anyone else experiencing this or have advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• By that age my DD was sitting in a chair at the table, usually on her knees. Let your kid try that.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 4:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• get him his own table and chair $25-$30 at wal-mart dd loves hers
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My son did this a couple of months ago too. He's turning 2 this Sunday. Anyways, I just let him sit on the regular chair with us. Kept him close by though just in case. Worked for me. Good luck!
    bbymama

Answer by bbymama at 12:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• He would probably be fine at the table with you guys by now if you wanted to try that. If its easier for him to be in the booster/high chair (which i'm sure it is!) I'd suggest decorating it in his favorite characters,(buy stickers and put them on there, a platemat thats fun etc) and making it look really fun so he'll get excited about getting in it. Then offer him something fun once he's strapped in like he gets to color in a new coloring book for 5 minutes once he sits in his high chair without a fuss or gets to use playdoh (if he does yet) etc. Just make him excited about it!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2009