Is it common,

Is it common for your second baby to be bigger than your first? My son was 7 12, and just curious because I am much bigger, (or feel that way) this time around than what I was at this time with my son.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• iv heard the second baby is bigger. my son was 7lbs 9oz and this time around my dr is saying he doesnt think this baby will be as big. they think he is going to be smaller then his brother. So its hard telling i guess.
    Anonymous

• I've heard that, my first was 6lbs 3oz., my second was 9lbs even... But there are exceptions to every rule.... There are many things that can happen during a pregnancy to contribute to varying weights so it really depends on the situation..
    jliv131

Answer by jliv131 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Mine was, although I've never heard it's common or not. First was 7 lbs 5 oz, second was 8 lbs 3 oz. I do believe it's common to be bigger and start showing sooner, though, because your uterus is already a bit stretched out.
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 4:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• For my mom it wasn't. Her first was 10 lbs, her next two were only 7.

My MIL it was the same, her first and second had a 2 lb difference. The second baby was smaller. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Depends on the baby. My second was bigger but its not always that way. Mine were 9 lbs 4 oz and 10 lbs 6 oz.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 4:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Could be my first was 4 15 born 4 weeks early and now with my second baby they think she is already 6lbs and that was 2 weeks ago at an ultrasound and I will be 35weeks tomorrow. My cousins 1st was 7lbs and her 2nd was 9.
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009