Gah, does anyone else HATE living in an apartment!?

We live in a nice apartment community. There is not one problem with the apartment, the complex, the staff, the facilities, nothing...but the people here stink!!! Oh my gosh, they have no idea that they live in an apartment with neighbors all around them! I have jerks that leave their headlights on shining right in front of my windows, idiots who scream and parade around outside of my front bedroom in the evening and at night, and geez, the way these people fly their cars through the parking lot!!! It drives me crazy because it's just so oblivious and disrespectful. Do they not realize this is not only their home, but other's as well? All I can say, is 11 months is enough for me, and thank goodness we're in the process of buying a house and my lease runs out in May! Ugh!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel. Apartment living was fun in its day but when you have children and want to settle down it is hard. We are in a transition time right with DH job so our house is for sale and we are living in a townhouse in another state. I can hear the neighbors running up and down the stairs,their dogs barking everytime we go in our front door. My DD has been woken up several times from her naps.
    Not too mention that my kids scream and are loud so I feel bad as well. Can't wait till our lease is up and we are done here!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I've lived in several apartments throughout the years and after the 2nd or 3rd one I decided to live on the top floor only. If they didn't have one for me I'd look elsewhere. I now have my own house and I love the fact that I don't have to tiptoe around.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I feel ya. Try living in an apartment in Germany no less. I'm so ready for the states. I will not live in another apartment.
    Anonymous

• The chick next to me thinks it's okay to play her music loud enough so *I* can hear it at 2 in the morning, it's okay to vacuum her apartment (but only the upstairs where the BEDROOMS ARE) at 1:30am (and her vacuum sounds like a belt sander), it's apparently okay for her and her boyfriend (who isn't supposed to be living there as he's not on her lease) to fight at 3:30am and when I try to talk to her the only thing she has to say is "This is apartment living, get used to it. I can do what I want. I pay rent." And that's just the beginning.

However, it states in the rules of the complex that no one is supposed to make any annoying noises from 11pm to 8am the following day.

We've been reporting her since November. She's still here. We're moving the end of this month. We've been here for two years with no complaints about us at all....
    Anonymous

• No. My apt had a bigger bedroom. The closets were bigger. It also had the best plumbing.
    Anonymous

• Yes, not having to worry about fixing anything is one good thing, I suppose. Not great enough for me to enjoy this hell-hole though!!!
    Anonymous

• Complain to the property managers. If they dont do something then start to call the cops. I hate people like that!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I've lived in my complex for like, 4 years. Luckily, we have the top floor, so I don't have to deal with noise from above.
    I did have this neighbor below us who would blast her music at all hours, especially when she and her SO would get into fights. They turned up the radio to drown out the yelling, throwing, and infant screaming.
    I reported her to the apt. many times and nothing was done. I even had my DH go down there late at night to tell her to shut off the music, and she denied it was her (when he could clearly hear it coming from behind her)...so one day I decided to do something about it.
    I wrote a letter saying it was illegal for her to have her music up so loud late at night, and that I'm very aware of the physical fights she got into with her boyfriend, so if she didn't calm it down, I was going to call the police/CPS, and attached a copy of the law. Seemed to work, even though I was chided by the apt. mgrs..
    Anonymous

• Oh My I feel your pain I can't wait to purchase my own home I hate living underneath people and where I live the walls are way too thin I hear everything when they go pee, sex,when she beats him up ..LOL (it's not funny but it's true she threw him down the stairs last Friday ) ....
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009