Any Advice??

Not sure where to post this question but do you think it's better to live by family or where you feel you will have a different quality of life?? Our family (both sides) live in Iowa where it's very cold and nothing much going on there. I have SAD and poor circulation so I am cold ALL the time. My Dr. has recommended moving to warmer climate not just for me but also for my son's asthma. My husband works from home so being by a job does not matter.
We are torn to move by family, because they are important to us, or warmer climate because that's also important to us?? Anyone made this decision?? Regrets?? Any advice on this??

lil_angel00

Asked by lil_angel00 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• If it was my decision I would make the move. You can't enjoy being close to your family if you are not in good health.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• move!!! If you don't like it you can always move back. I think with the internet it is so easy to stay in touch. You will need to go make friends! How old are your kid(s)? what do they say?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Our kids are 2 and 3. My husbands family does not travel much(they are in bad health) so it would be up to us to visit. We were kind of hoping to have the cousins grow up together as well because my husband had such a great experience growing up with his. We currently live in a cold state away from family and miss them terribly so we just don't know. We can either move to be near them or move somewhere warm.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I live on the opposite side of the country from my family and I'm happy.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009