Do you still buy the "nobody else will do" line now?

"The day after hundreds of suspected illegal immigrants lost their jobs at an Upstate poultry processing plant, dozens of jobseekers lined up in the rain, hoping to get the positions they left open."
http://www.wyff4.com/news/17664846/detail.html#-

Link also includes a link of all the busted illegals who are facing criminal charges.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OP, blast you and your logic. Don't you know that all people deserve to come here and take our jobs and live off our system and raise their children and send them to our schools, and the people that make over $250,000 a year can pay for it all!

I never bought that line, and we should send them back where they came from. We have laws. You have to come in properly, and abide by the rules of the nation. I really don't care that two hundred and some odd years ago we were all immigrants. This is an established country with established law, and the law abiding citizens deserve the jobs. Period, End of story.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• So what about the plant owners who did hire illegals.They should be charged too.

Anonymous

• I never did buy that line, I always have thought the companies should be paying a bit better wages and the enforcement should be severe to keep illegals from getting jobs. No jobs, no illegals.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't buy it either and I agree the owners of the company should be charged.
    Anonymous

• all humans deserve the chance to have good healthcare clean running water and a chance to make life better for thier family . GOD you people just don't give a crap about the billions of other people that are suffering on this planet because of WHERE THEY WERE BORN! that disgusts me
    Anonymous

• I was not aware that this was the only country on earth where healthcare and clean water are available. WTH happened to the other continents? How are those Canadians surviving without clean water??
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• lovinangels

Show me the proof that all immigrants live off our system? So are you so cold-hearted that you are ready to send people back places like Dar fur?

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 4:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• and all of those countrys have problems with illegal immigrants but, we are the only one that treats them like such crap.
    Anonymous

• treats them like crap? how is giving them jobs, assistance, money, food, housing, healthcare, and not making them pay taxes treating them like crap?
    if illegal immigrants were REALLY treated so poorly in the US, do you think they would spend the money, and risk the danger that they do to come here to begin with? if they didnt receive these benefits, they wouldnt be coming here to begin with. they would stay and be treated like crap in their own countries...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am not at all cold hearted. The exact opposite. My husband and I had a fight yesterday because I was giving money to homeless guy that's probably a drunk. We HAVE LAWS. How many illegals do you know from Darfur?

Your point is illogical. What I do with my own personal resources is my business- there are MANY illegals living off the system, I have personally seen this. You can't allow raw emotion to lead an entire country. The bottom line is, these people have broken our laws simply by being here, and for some reason you have no problem with that. I do. I find that someone who is willing to live their entire existance illegally is most likely willing to break other laws as well. MO.
    Any illegal with a child in public school is living off our system. Many of them manage to get state assistance as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009