What should I do when I let a sibling move in with 3 kids who will not mind their mom at all an get into everything you have even when told no.and told the rules, when they wont even mind their parents, what should I do.feel so uncomfortable with this and they need some dicipline, she seems to leave it up to everyone else, then seems angry when you get on to them.What to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• My sister and I agreed long ago that if one of us sees the others kids doing something they are not supposed to we will speak up and if the mom doesn't like how the aunt handled a situation we talk about it. She is usually more strict than I am, but there are also things that she lets them get away with that are not allowed in my house. It is also a bit easier for us because my son is older than her boys, and I don't spank and she does. You and sis should should sit down when there is not a problem and go over some guidelines for her family staying with you.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• IT"S YOUR HOUSE YOUR RULES> GET THOSE KIDS BUTTS ON YOUR SOFA BETTER YET FLOOR AND TELL THEM you do not care what their mother's father's rules are or aren't. This second forward it your rules. Every single infraction by any of them gets all of them punished by loss of privileges for the perpetrator and the rest of them. DON'T let them push YOU out of YOUR HOME MOM. Send them over to me - I was known as the wicked witch cuz of my rules but I was raised to respect my elders and others. I'll get them straightened out without spanking and without verbal abuse just set rules and step ladder punishments.
    Anonymous

• You need to sit down with the parents and have a back to jeebus talk. Let her know if she refuses to parent her children then you will do it for her, without her snide comments. Be firm and tell her what you expect from her and her children while they are in your home. If she is not okay with it, then she needs to find somewhere else to live. There is absolutely no reason for you to have to put up that in your home. While they are staying there with you they should be doing everything possible to lessen the impact of them invading your home. That means cleaning up after themselves, helping out and parenting their children.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If you already have reservations about them moving in, then you need to be honest enough to tell her that she needs to go some where else. This will piss her off, but as you seem to think and said, this is a lose lose situation for you . If you can't find your backbone enough to speak up in your own home before they move in then you will be stepped on in your own home when they are there. This is your house and your rules. Set it all out and put it ALL in writing. Rules and expectations. Good Luck!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If you are living in my house you will follow my rules and if the parents refuse to discipline them then I will.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009