Bothered by a single girl friend always trying to hang out with my husband and I..

My husband owns his own business and I work there part time.. there is a girl there that clinged to me since she started working there.. wanting to go shopping together, doting on my little boy, always complimenting me and laughing at everything I say etc... she would call and text me all the time and come over to watch movies etc. Weell.. it started to get old when she would come over to watch a movie with me or babysit but when we got home she would just linger and laugh and chitchat with us.. I would want her to leave so my husband and I could spend quality time together. A couple of times I found her helping my husband with data entry in his office which several people have done but it still bothers me. At christmas she went waaay overboard .. bought my son a photosession, a entire Gap outfit, bought me perfume, a watch and abercrombie shirt and my husband oakleys and an abercrombie shirt and neclace!!! & it goes on!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• yikes. that is not normal. she definitely sounds lonely but it seems like it's more than that. I would DEFINITELY not have her babysit again! And do your best to try to avoid her...if it's not possible and it continues you and your husband need to tell her that she needs to lay off - I don't know if anything she's doing is grounds for firing her, but that may need to be a last resort... be careful! there are some crazy people out there and your instincts are usually right!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• sounds like shes lonely. try setting her up with a guy friend-like a blind date.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think she is lonely...but it also seems a little creepy...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 4:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree with the first post, she sounds like she needs a friend. Try setting her up with someone. I think she just needs people to hang out with and she likes you guys.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• She is lonely AND maybe a suck up too. I mean you guys are the bosses right? She's not just trying to get close to your hubby so thats one thing you shouldnt have to worry about. Set her up on a date!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• omygosh, please get her a man. You need some space from this chick.quick.......
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ok and I forgot to say also... she always jokes and laughs with my husband like she has known him her whole life and I dont think I mentioned she is younger than me very pretty. Also, someone at the office mentioned that they used to see her in his office a lot. There is a gut feeling I can't get rid of... Its an uneasy feeling about her. My mom likes her but even thinks I should steer clear of her.. as well as some close friends that i confided in.
    proudtxmom22

Answer by proudtxmom22 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Sorry...but the first thing I thought of when I read this is "The hand that rocks the Cradle" . It seemms past lonely to me..it almost borders on stalkerish. I would seriously try to start breaking away from her..if she clings harder, or makes accuasations of how hurt she is..etc she needs to be fired..and then you need an order of protection
    Anonymous