What doesn't the Stock Market like about Obama? What do you think he should do?

Since election day, it has been dropping. Since Inagauration, it has dropped even more. Down 4.26% just today, alone. Today Wall Street closed at to 6,762.34. These are levels not seen since the 1990's.
Do you think Obama should make Peace with Wall Street or do you think they just don't get along?
What could Obama say or do in your opinion that might show confidence and help the Market? Afterall, many of our retirement and kids college funds are counting on a Wall Street. If you have investments, do you even open your statements anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He could stop talking and stop trying to fix things. Capitalism will take care of itself, the market just has to adjust. It's like reverse growing pains.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

What she said
    Anonymous

• I think he should
    Announce that GM and Chrysler need to be placed into bankruptcy protection.
    Reform the mortage bailout.
    Anonymous

• Ditto here on those answers! Oh and STOP giving these people money to lose!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I believe they are teaching him a lesson. Oh well.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have a question. If his stimulus package was so great, wouldn't Wall Street have responded good to it being enacted? I know they don't see the effects, but shouldn't good news spark some growth on Wall Street? My husbands 401 k and our kids 529 (one is 16) are tied into this. My husband is a nervous wreck.
    Anonymous

• akin- if they are teaching him a lesson then we really are in this for the long haul. He's too arrogant to learn.

anon409- Tell your husband to stop looking for a while. It's going to be bad and he'll need pills before it's over.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree that he should just hush!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Oh, but 4 yrs ago we were supposed to get rid of Social Security and put all our own money into the stock market....yeah that was a good (Bush) plan. How's that workin' for ya?
    Anonymous

• Wall Street (investors) have no confidence in him.
    Anonymous