I need some advice about friends

I know I shouldn't let this crap get to me but it is. Me and my husband had a huge falling out with two my our best friends. See neither of them work, I'm a stay at home mom but my husband does work. We used to take them out everywhere and (we paid) recently we went to ben and jerry and spent almost 200$ on drinks games and dinner we all had a blast but for some reason the next day they started calling and texting us with nothing but mean hurtful things. I want to just get over it but can't any advice.

Carmie0721

Asked by Carmie0721 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• im so sorry sweety,that is horible they did that to you after you was such a good genorious friend to them i think you could do better without them as your friends,take the welcome mat off your body and stop letting people walk on you..=)
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It sounds like the use you a a lot and you take it. Stop taking it and move on. You'll find other friends who will treat you well and not mooch off you. You deserve that much.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It doesn't sound like they are friends at all. Dump them.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i had a friend once that she only called when she needed a favor and no matter i always did even my dh thought i was nuts and they were more his friends ( his x sil and her husband theyve know each other since they were 14 yrs old ) needless to say i got tired of being the mat so one day when she called and asked for a favor i nicely said im sorry i cant. she turned it around that i was a selfish jerk and much more. i no longer talk to her and im ok with it dh was upset but understood why i said no he still sees them at gatherings but i dont even know there there. one sided friends are hard and sometimes you have to move on and stop being the mat. good luck hun xo
    Anonymous

• It seems that they used you and are seeing how far they can push your friendship. While its hard to lose friends in this occasion it might be better for you and your spouse to cut the loss and find new friends who will either go dutch with you on an event like that or trade out with you on who pays.
    dani_sapia

Answer by dani_sapia at 4:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Why do you want to "just get over" them texting you mean, hurtful things? Do you really think that is something you should just take from "friends"? True friends have disagreements, and you get past those, but someone being intentionally hurtful and childish for what sounds like no good reason is when it's time to end the friendship and cut your loses. They were using you and now it sounds like they're done. I know it's hard because probably in the beginning they were good friends. But people outgrow each other and lives get too different. It's time to move on.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 4:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Sounds like there is more to the story. Either way, I would let go of the friends.
    Anonymous

• They aren't being friends. You are right to feel that you need to move on.

Answer by Bmat at 4:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009